Offering Help

Mar 8, 2009 at 6:57 PM
Edited Mar 8, 2009 at 6:57 PM
Hi Guys, just found your postings on Google and thought I’d post about some work I've been doing in this area. As part of my University Thesis I have been developing a control panel for MS Exchange 2007. Its aimed at giving Small Bossiness the ability to administer their in-house Exchange servers, however the work done on it is easily transferable to he hosting environment. It does not use HMC but instead talks to Exchange via a PowerShell session hosted inside a .net web application. This works well in a small business environment, not sure how well it would scale to a larger environment. Anyway I’m offering my help and knowledge I've gained during this project if it’s useful to you.
Coordinator
Mar 9, 2009 at 12:23 AM

HI Sam

Your help is most welcome although powershell isn’t the right medium to use in a hosted environment.  Powershell doesn’t give us the ability to scale large amounts of calls and can be very slow in responses and thus you experience a high number of timeouts on the control panel.  Also in a hosting environment you need to be able to roll back the process you have started at any point of failure which powershell isn’t always helpfull with especially if the call you make timesout the powershell wait time.

If you don’t use the MPS engine that is in HMC you are better of making direct calls to the webservices and wmi etc for exchange and ad far faster.

Regards

Leon

Sent: Monday, 9 March 2009 5:57 AM
To: Leon Sayers
Subject: Offering Help [ExchangeControl:49556]

<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-520092929 1073786111 9 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style>

Hi Guys, just found your postings on Google and thought I’d post about some work I've been doing in this area. As part of my University Thesis I have been developing a control panel for MS Exchange 2007. Its aimed at giving Small Bossiness the ability to administer their in-house Exchange servers, however the work done on it is easily transferable to he hosting environment. It does not use HMC but instead talks to Exchange via a PowerShell session hosted inside a .net web application. This works well in a small business environment, not sure how well it would scale to a larger environment. Anyway I’m offering my help and knowledge I've gained during this project if it’s useful to you.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ExchangeControl@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ExchangeControl@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com