Desired Features

Coordinator
Jul 19, 2008 at 3:03 AM
Edited Jul 30, 2008 at 9:43 AM
Tell us what features you would like to see in ExchangeControl.

Here is my partial summary list...

Delete Plans Functionality (impossible in HMC, can it be?)

New/Different naming scheme for Organization/Reseller/IIW/Users (or at least better documentation, it may be perfect but I don't "get it".

"Create Plans Form" with easy checkbox (enabled/disabled), combobox and textbox controls.  Also, it would be really convenient if you could pick a "2mb mailbox" and the backend did the conversions for you.

WAY, WAY OUT THERE...
SMS/Text Messaging functionality...I am getting bombarded with calls from clients wanting to send SMS's for advertising.  I am currently doing this for a few through SMTP.  Very difficult to keep up with number of messages sent and a slew of other things.  The ice above the CAN SPAM ACT seems pretty thin as well using SMTP.

Developer
Jul 30, 2008 at 1:14 PM
Edited Aug 23, 2008 at 5:21 AM
I like some of the idea's you have there Steve, further I would like to see the following:

Plans & Feature ONLY subscribed for Subscribers by their Reseller / Service Provider
Plans Ouside of the Subscription hidden from the Subscriber
Self-Service Provisioning of Contacts
Self-Service Provisioning of Groups
Usage Reporting for No. of Users / Mailboxes / Sizes so Subscribers (& Service Providers) have a quick way to dig up data on a perticular account

My Concentration is primarily around the Collaboration suite, so my focus is on improving the Provisioing & Management of Exchange 2007, WSS 3.0 and OCS 2007.
Developer
Aug 12, 2008 at 9:29 AM

I'd like to see portability features like:

WebService behind the UI, perhaps something like EchangeWebServices simple and easy to use
This way it would be easy to integrate CP to existing extranets or whatever.

WebService for ERP etc connections. For billing or other purposes.

Coordinator
Aug 22, 2008 at 7:25 AM

I would like to see the following

Full control over AD account eg all fields so we can also do home directories etc for terminal services

Plans can be deleted from view by setting them as DE in the sql table but won't remove from sql reason why it should stay there is for historical reporting.

Able to add a user to a AD security group mainly for application allotment in terminal services as it is done through groups
able to assign send as permissions for a user mailbox.
Create and manage public folders
Manage distribution list users
create sharepoint sites using the fab 40 templates
CRM 4 when namespaces become available etc.
Resource managemnet of mailstores etc.
Reporting. Reporting Reporting on everything by organisation and Reseller
Status of Network and servers
Helpdesk
Billing
dns provisioning
IIS7 Website provisioning
SQL Database Provisioning
Black Berry (Unfortunately) :(

How's that for a start?